Friday, June 12, 2009

Way Down Upon the Suwanee River...

My last weekend before my big Euro trip and we're going camping...in tents. I just thought I'd specify in tents because so many people camp in cabins or really nice campers and consider it camping.

We're heading to the Ichnetucknee River. When I was doing research for the trip, I found out that one of the top 40 things to do in Florida is take a house boat down the Ichnetucknee.

Our houseboat = a bunch of rafts tied together + beer...

So me, the typical person who likes to "over prepare", I bought anything that looked like it could be a camping accessory. Because I'm definitely going to use the egg carrier again, versus keeping the eggs in their carton. Sarcastic.

I'll update post trip! Especially after Bob's River Extravaganza which is some guy's house on the side of Dixie Highway in north central Florida. Per another blog:

We finally made it and our first stop was a place called: Bob’s River Extravaganza.
Bob’s was right on the Suwannee River. It was the coolest place I’ve ever seen! Bob is about 70 years old and in his backyard is where the extravaganza is. There are two water slides, rope swings, zip lines, tree houses and docks to lay out on. I was in awe that this 70 year old man built all of this. There were a ton of people there and everyone was going nuts...


There is very little information on the web about Bob's, so I hope to come back with a full report and pictures!

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Ahhhh! Have so much fun!

kabayl said...

we were there in 07 and can't remember how to get back! if you have an address for Bob's, we would very much appreciate it as we are going to blue springs in mayo this wednesday!