Sunday, June 7, 2009

Diet Schmiet

Today is Sunday Funday and I'm about to prepare my lunch tomorrow for me and 3 of my team members.

I think I failed to mention that we bought the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart Challenge diet book. It's pretty awesome, frankly. The diet consists of lots of protein and fiber...eating 6 mini meals per day.

4 of us got in on it and it's been pretty fun. We are about to start week 4 and I'm proud to say we are all still avidly participating. It involves exercise too of course...

For example- Tomorrow's Food:

Breakfast:
Kashi GoLean Cereal (1 cup- we keep a measuring cup at work!)
1 hardboiled egg
1 peach
Green Tea, Water, or Coffee

Snack:
Celery Sticks and Hummus

Lunch:
Tuna Melts (sans mayo) on whole grain bread

Snack:
Apple and Peanut Butter

I don't recall the dinner, but I usually just eat what the hubby cooks. Tomorrow's dinner is grilled salmon, salad, fruit, and some green vegetable I'm sure. That's what we've eaten forever and we didn't really change that piece.

So far in the 3 completed weeks, I'm down 4.5-5 pounds. Not bad! We think we are even going to continue beyond because we like it so much...I'll post my final 30 day results upon completion...inches lost included!

Workout note for today- 4 miles- 12 min/mile avg- running intervals ranging from 3.8-7.0 on the treadmill

1 comment:

Belle- Pink Cupcake said...

I just noticed you were a new follower of my blog and I just wanted to pop in and say that I have a greyhound as well! He's an 8 year old black 95 pound male and I just love him to pieces!