Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Word of Advice- Don't Shop After Tea Parties!

On Sunday, I attended the 1st tea party I have been to as an adult. It was in a cute little old house called The Tea Cottage in a historic part of town by me called Ybor City. It was a baby shower (the babies name is to be Stella Harp which I think is adorable even if it is after the father's favorite beers) and sooo adorable. The tea was delicious, food was awesome, and it was just a fun, joyful atmosphere minus the cheesy games.

My downfall was the tea. I failed to realize, silly me, that it was caffeinated. And it was so delicious, and I was still suffering from that darn hangover, I must have had 8 or 9 cups. Seriously.

Word of advice...When you are wired off of caffeinated tea, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR ANTHROPOLOGIE. I went to Anthro, directly after, to make a return. I was a little strung out from those 8 cups of tea, talking a mile a minute to random people, heart racing, "I need this, and this, and this, and this...and this!" $650 later, I left with 2 dresses, a sweater, 2 pairs or panties, a throw pillow, and knobs for all of the cabinets in my kitchen. I wasn't even in the market of looking at kitchen knobs and they don't even match! Needless to say, I will be making ANOTHER return trip...

3 comments:

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Haha - I can totally relate! I think you should keep at least one treat though :) someone would have given you money for the holidays, and it can balance out!

Chic Runner said...

I do that all the time, I just start picking out things and then before I know it I'm like 500 dollars down. :) Anthro can get you like that so quickly too!

Anonymous said...

This seriously made me giggle. Esp. the part about shopping. Great post :)