Saturday, May 16, 2009

Kicking Butt and Taking Names!

Spent last weekend (Mother's Day Weekend) at Walt Disney World in Orlando. We don't live very far from there, less than a hour, so it's not that big of a trip for us. We stayed at the Contemporary Resort (I love the room and proximity to the Magic Kingdom) and spent Saturday at Animal Kingdom (10pm-11pm we hopped over to Magic Kingdom-rode 4 rides) and then we spent Sunday at Magic Kingdom again with our fam.

Primary reason was for the trip was the Danskin SheRox Triathlon I competed in. I love these races and highly recommend them to anyone, no matter your athletic ability, shape, size, or age. They are women-only events and they raise money for Susan G. Komen's Breast Cancer charity. I met women of all ages, from California, Wisconsin, South Carolina...And all ages! I met one women competing- 75 years old! I couldn't believe it. So when people say "Wow I can't believe you do those races!", I encourage them to bring out the inner-triathlete in them. Over 2000 women were registered. All these kids were there with signs saying "My Mom Rox!". I always get emotional, like "that's so sweet" emotional when I see that stuff. Jut like when I cry during "Extreme Home Makeover".

There is another event in Miami in a few weeks with the same race series, but I think the hubby needs a break from dragging my bike all over creation, waking up at 5:30am on a weekend, etc. The website is http://www.danskinwomenstri.com/.

Side note- I heart RueLala. Got my Lilly Pulitzer green seer sucker skirt in the mail today. Sure enough, the retail price wa $148 and I to it for $48!

Side note x 2- Getting psyched for my girl trip with my college roommate to Europe next month! June 19th marks my arrival in Switzerland! Sooo excited!!!

auf Wiedersehen!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Thanks for the info about the triathalon. A friend of mine did the disney one as well and LOVED it. I am training for a marathon right now, but after its over a triathalon might be on the horizon.

PS what's ruelala? Help a fellow preppy score some disocuted Lily please?

Hilary said...

Oops I meant discounted!