Thursday, August 27, 2009

Counting Cals!

Alright...our Biggest Loser Diet Challenge at work fizzled. It was fun while it lasted, but alot of work to prepare food for 3 others, and vacations and life got in the way of some of the others.

So alas, I'm back on my own... But I have a new gimmick! :)

I was referred to a website- http://www.sparkpeople.com/. It is a free site that gives you a free profile with a very extensive food diary and fitness diary. I've tried to do the food diary thing before, carrying around a little notebook, and lost interest after 2 or 3 days...forgetting it basically.

The site analyzes your day, your protein/carbs/fat/calories in. It tells you where you are deficient, gives you graphs...it's pretty much amazing. Oh and it already has the nutritional facts for most products in it's database! So for example, this morning I had Kashi GoLEAN Crunch Cereal with 1 cup of non fat milk and it tells me I had 286 total calories, 48 carbs, 4 grams of fat, 18 g of protein...pretty cool! It evens has a tracker that for every 8 oz of water you drink, it fills a virtual jug. I'm a sucker for progress shown through cool visuals!

I plan to test out the fitness tracker tonight after Pilates!

Happy Counting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good food diary is the Food And Exercise Diary (WeightLossSoftware.Net). Might be of interest. It also has a medical diary.