Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not So Cruel Summer

I'm back from Chi-town!

I'm proud of myself. I still have the swagger to navigate a large city, as well as entertain myself and HAVE FUN by myself. I would love to return- my work is already talking about next trip- either back to Chicago or a new one for me- Detroit. Eh. But I would love the hubby to join in the fun in Chicago!



We're off to Miami this weekend. We have a wedding and my husband is a groomsman. It's going to be at the Mayfair Hotel in Cocoanut Grove, which is the hotel that the chic Cabana One is. That's the rooftop pool lounge/club. I'll be very excited to report back on the nuptials next week. The colors are chocolate and pink with the guys in white Miami Vice suits, the wedding party has a choreographed dance they are performing, the bride will have a wardrobe change...it's very MIAMI. It's either going to be terribly awesome or go terribly tacky. Either way, I hope to post some great pics. The bride, Holly, is a head promoter for Barnum and Bailey Circus, Disney on Ice, and many other crazy events, so I'm sure it will be quite the show! Apparently her centerpieces are trees...For attire- I'm wearing another Ruelala purchase- a 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent dress in Popsicle (see pic, though the color is brighter in person) for the rehearsal dinner, and a magenta Elie Tahari number to the wedding. Still searching for the kicks to pair up...trip to the mall tomorrow! Muy bueno!
















Last Musing- Ran a 5k today with the Four Green Fields Running Club. Genius idea. Start a running club out of your Irish pub, get people to run a 5k and return there for post-run brews. Do it on a Tuesday night at 6pm and you are sure to draw a crowd. Each week the crowd has grown by at least 30 people and last week's count was 187. That's alot of people running in the 93 degree sun here in Florida. Today it was BRUTALLY HOT. The ultimate goal is after you log 10 runs with the club, you earn your FGFRC t-shirt. And as always- it's all about the t-shirt!

This happened to me once on my run today, as well as once on my run last Thursday along Lake Michigan in Chicago. I'm bopping along on my Ipod to my running mix and this song that I have liked, not loved comes on. It's by Seal and it's called "If It's In My Mind, It's On My Face". Lame name, I know. I'm not even a big Seal fan, more so of the Us Weekly I know with his uber cute family with my fave Heidi Klum. It's kind of pop/techno-ish. There is this point that comes in the song...it kind of climaxes to this chorus of "The Time is Now!" and it goes into this driving beat. It's nuts. I get sooo unbelievably pumped and this has now happened twice. The second wind kicks in and you just start cruising to the new beat. I even find myself smiling at other joggers. I changed it to my new power song. Sooo good, please download it!

AMF! :)

No comments: