Tuesday, December 18, 2012

GRATITUDE JOURNAL


Seriously getting close to Christmas- CRA-ZAY! I’m knee deep in my fitness challenges I mentioned previously. With Tone It Up!, there is a members-only challenge going on right now that I’m really enjoying. The focus is on the physical and the mental aspects of keeping yourself in check during this crazy season. One of our tasks today: “Next, let’s focus on the goodgreat and wonderful! Write out a list of 10 positive things in your life. What are grateful for? List it all out- either big or small!  Your family.  Your best friend who's there for you for everything. Your Tone It Up Team. Your strong, capable body!  Let the good things pour onto your page!  This list will have you beaming by the end!  We hope this helps you 're-set' your intentions and visualization for the holidays.” This was also paired with taking 10-15 minutes to quietly journal. I’m going to try to take care of both of these items with this post J. 10 Positive Things About My Life (in random order):

1)   My Health
2)   My Husband
3)   My Family
4)   My Friends
5)   My Financial Stability
6)   My Travel Experiences
7)   The Junior League of Tampa
8)   My Job
9)   My Creativity
10)  My Fitfam in person and online

So I look at these "Positive Things" and I'm truly grateful for all of them, and I live a truly wonderful life, but....how boring. They look like at least 7 of them could be on anyone's list. I decided to make an alternative list thinking back to some of the quirkier things I appreciate in my life...

10 Quirky Things I Love in My Life (in random order):

1) My quiet weekend bike rides to the neighborhood farmer's markets and community gardens where I compost my food (go local, go green!...and I'm not a hippie either).
2) My 4 pairs of TOMS (ok...sounding more like a hippie)
3) Pure Barre class- Barre class has showed me something I was always curious about, what it is like to take ballet. And it's a WORKOUT!
4) The Snapseed photo app- editing tool that makes me some SICK pictures.
5) My vast and very eclectic music collection
6) Champagne & Sangria- love them both dearly!
7) Free Yoga in the Park classes on Sundays
8) My library card that allows me to borrow unlimited books on my Kindle app
9) My Jeep Wrangler with the roof off- exhilirating!
10) My Cracker Barrel rocking chairs on my front porch

Okay- maybe a little materialistic- but my Cracker Barrel chairs DO provide me great joy. Sometimes I actually get to sit down and slow down and just chat with family and friends in them. And on and on on this quirky list- but it did make me think. What makes YOU happy? What are YOU grateful for?


No comments: